Manual Alignment Examples

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

rocky908

Manual Alignment Examples

Post by rocky908 »

Hi there, I've had a read through the FAQ and searched on the forums, but apologies if I've missed it.
I'm trying to complete manual alignments. Based on the guide for extraction I'm fairly happy with how I should be locating the 68 point landmarks when the face is looking straight on. I would much appreciate some advice on how these should be positioned when a face is side on or angled. I assume the nose points will follow the outer line of the nose, but where how much does it matter about the hidden side of the face for positioning the jaw and eye landmarks that you can't see?
Any examples would be great.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Manual Alignment Examples

Post by torzdf »

Alignments don't have to be perfectly accurate, so I wouldn't spend too much time getting them perfect (for example, I don't think I have ever used the individual landmark editor).

This image should give you some idea though:

My word is final

rocky908

Post by rocky908 »

Thanks, that image is very helpful. When shown side on though, there are only 39 landmark points, not the full 68. My manual alignments show all 68 points when viewing from the side. Should I be able to remove them if I can't see the side of the face?

You say you never use the individual landmark editor, would you recommend just using the mask editor and assuming the landmarks are ok?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

I use the bounding box editor to get alignments in place. For difficult lighting normally flicking between hist and clahe normalization gets me fixed up.

Don't know about the profile landmarks, you're probably best off googling it to see what you can find in terms of images.

My word is final