Alignment file didnt save

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

chicheemaun

Alignment file didnt save

Post by chicheemaun »

I was editing the alignments from a video in the manual tool, about 5000 frames, saving every 20 minutes, and again when i finished. When I checked the alignments after I had finished, they were back to the way they were before I started. I reopened it, and the same thing, none of the alignments saved. I'm wondering if anyone can help figure out what could have gone wrong.

Thanks

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Alignment file didnt save

Post by torzdf »

first question. Are you definitely opening the correct file? The <movie_name>_alignments.fsa is the latest file. The version with numbers on the end is a back up of the older version.

Otherwise, not sure. Not seen this issue before.

My word is final

chicheemaun

Post by chicheemaun »

Thanks for the reply,

I tried again from scratch to make sure I was indeed using the correct alignment file, and the same thing happened. The first 300 or so frames were ok, so I left them, then fixed about 200 after, then saved. Then when I went back to the start to make sure it was working, the original 300 that were fine, were not fine anymore. It seemed like something cant keep up and is lagging, causing the wrong alignment to show up on the wrong face, it seems to be shifting everything by about 15-20 frames. Cant be sure that this is what is actually happening, that's just what it seems like. I don't think it will be my computer being too slow, as I'm running an i5-9600, 2080ti, 32 GB ram. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks again for your input.

chicheemaun

Post by chicheemaun »

I should add, my CPU and GPU are both on out of the box settings, no OC.