Reusing original.h5 and original_state.json on Model Dir

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

pilipinoguy

Reusing original.h5 and original_state.json on Model Dir

Post by pilipinoguy »

Hi,

Just started on this new hobby and its very good (not good for my electric bill lol) but worth it

My question is Reusing original.h5 and original_state.json on Model Dir, on training new models to place my face in them

I have trained my face to 2m iterations already and placed it on a music video. Cannot post since it gets copyright strike, but play them at home and have a good laugh with my friends and family

Can i reuse the original.h5 and original_state.json with another music video and place my face in them, Thanks again for this great software

The music video is my Input A, my face is input B

by torzdf » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:51 pm

Not entirely sure what you mean. Yes, you can re-use models. No, you cannot use a model that is trained with (for example) Original as a basis for Dfaker. All models are unique.

Go to full post
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Reusing original.h5 and original_state.json on Model Dir

Post by torzdf »

Assuming that the person in both videos is the same, then yes, absolutely.

You do not train a model for a specific scene. You train a model for specific identities. So (for example) if you had trained you + Ed Sheeran, you could then swap yourself onto any Ed Sheeran video with the same model.

My word is final

pilipinoguy

Post by pilipinoguy »

Hi Torzdf,

Thanks for that reply/ solution. Im trying the other trainers now since i want more than 64px.

Does reusing the trained model .h5 and .json work on other trainers like dfaker, dfl-h128, dfl-sae, lae, fhaze-a, realface, unbalanced and villain.

I will still use Bruno Mars on A and my face on B. For bruno mars music videos, since close ups dont really look great on the original trainer. Thanks

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

Not entirely sure what you mean. Yes, you can re-use models. No, you cannot use a model that is trained with (for example) Original as a basis for Dfaker. All models are unique.

My word is final