Tools --> Alignments --> Merge No Longer Available?

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

WhichWayToTheExit
Answers: 1

Tools --> Alignments --> Merge No Longer Available?

Post by WhichWayToTheExit »

Still a relative noobie here for sure, but I stepped away from FS for awhile (life and all) and am picking it back up because I have a fun project I want to attempt.

After updating FS I noticed that the "Merge" option is no longer present in the Tools -> Alignments area of the app now.

Did something change within the app over the last year that no longer makes this task relevant? Perhaps changes to the recommended workflow?

Is merging alignments files really no longer needed because even if I'm extracting faces from multiple sources, with the intent of combining them into a single faceset for one half of the training inputs, as long as all the final extracted faces are in a combined folder, I don't need the alignments any more? (I'm trying to remember if alignments files used to even be needed for training...)

Just curious.

by WhichWayToTheExit » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:24 pm

Aaaaaaaaaand, I'm dumb.

I swear I searched the forums. Must have just missed this thread. Good thing I'm paranoid and searched again.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1635&p=5728&hilit= ... ents#p5728

I had no idea PNG headers could be used to store the alignment data for that particular image. So of course by the time training comes we can just put all the PNGs from different sources into one folder, and don't need the alignments files themselves (combined or not!) for training.

Apologies for the redundant question. I'm leaving my comment up as a more recent reminder for others.

Go to full post
WhichWayToTheExit
Answers: 1

Re: Tools --> Alignments --> Merge No Longer Available?

Post by WhichWayToTheExit »

Aaaaaaaaaand, I'm dumb.

I swear I searched the forums. Must have just missed this thread. Good thing I'm paranoid and searched again.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1635&p=5728&hilit= ... ents#p5728

I had no idea PNG headers could be used to store the alignment data for that particular image. So of course by the time training comes we can just put all the PNGs from different sources into one folder, and don't need the alignments files themselves (combined or not!) for training.

Apologies for the redundant question. I'm leaving my comment up as a more recent reminder for others.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Tools --> Alignments --> Merge No Longer Available?

Post by torzdf »

This is my kind of problem. The one that solves itself ;)

My word is final