Extraction has faces but has no faces

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

SirDeepsALot

Extraction has faces but has no faces

Post by SirDeepsALot »

I'm following the guide to starting to use Faceswap, I've followed everything step by step - I hit extract, the preview shows faces being found, the output file on the bottom of the screen says it's found faces... but as soon as the extraction ends all the faces disappear and there's nothing to edit.

The guide says the next step is sorting, but there are literally no images anymore to sort through?
What am I doing wrong?
Oddly, I do have an alignment file.

1. Here's how it looks during preview:
    https://cdn012.bdsmlr.com/uploads/photo ... lB8O1K.JPG

2. Here's what the log info for the task says, clearly states 204 faces found :https://cdn012.bdsmlr.com/uploads/photo ... fsZIsr.JPG

3 .But here's what's on the screen after the extraction ends, nothing to clean / sort: https://cdn012.bdsmlr.com/uploads/photo ... WGCAxG.JPG

Would really appreciate a little guidance, thank you in advance.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Extraction has faces but has no faces

Post by torzdf »

Ok, I was about to post a message saying "this is very odd, I have not seen this before", but looking at your screengrab I think I see where a misunderstanding has crept in.

The GUI is just a wrapper for the underlying Faceswap scripts. When you run a task and that task completes, the GUI will clear back to its default state.

If you look inside the folder F:\deep output this is where you will find your extracted faces.

You then point the sort tool at the folder F:\deep output to proceed from there. You do the actual deleting etc. in Windows Explorer.

My word is final

SirDeepsALot

Post by SirDeepsALot »

Cheers mate, you mean switch to Tools > Sort, right and change the input to F:/deep output? Like this:

https://i.imgur.com/i663h3U.jpg

I can run the sort function when i do that, but still no images appear for me to sort through. When I open F:/deep output via windows explorer, all the faces are there and I can go through and delete the incorrect images, but not via the faceswap software.

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond though, cheers.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Yes. That's correct. you don't delete faces in the software. You use the software to sort the faces. This renames the files into a sorted order.

Then you go back to the folder in Windows Explorer, scrolling through, deleting the ones you don't need.

My word is final

SirDeepsALot

Post by SirDeepsALot »

Ah that makes more sense :) Thank you for your help mate!

I made it to manual alignments, 'multiple faces' was easy... however the next step of the guide is to go through "no faces" with the "bounding box". There are 4012 frames total in this alignments file, and 3780 of them are found under 'no faces'. That's like a 3/4 fail rate to find faces... This makes me pause about how good the program is at finding faces but w/e I guess that's how it works. Excuse me while I go make a couple thousand boxes. sigh. Thanks again though :)

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

That is exceptionally low. Either you happen to have a lot frames without faces, or you deleted faces that were found during your sorting step....

The process is actually very good at finding faces, and fairly good at aligning them. Generally misaligned faces will look like junk when you sort them, so you will end up deleting them during the sorting faces.

Misaligned faces tend to happen at difficult angles, when there are obstructions or when there are two faces close together. Otherwise the aligner tends to do a pretty good job at aligning them.

My word is final

SirDeepsALot

Post by SirDeepsALot »

Maybe I loaded the wrong thing? The alignments file I pulled up is the one with all the extra numbers - pretty sure that's what the guide said. eg:
https://i.imgur.com/A0d1vrZ.jpg
And the quality of the images that appear when you select the "no faces" filter are all like this or better:
https://i.imgur.com/9KscDBl.jpg
I made a supercut of the actress for the source video, it's all hi-res - just her by herself in the scene, shoulders up only for the most part.
Did I screw up?

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

The one with numbers is the backup file, in case you screw up and need to go back.

The file that ends alignments.fsa will always be the latest and correct file.

My word is final

SirDeepsALot

Post by SirDeepsALot »

Thanks mate - it was definitely me. I restarted/redid everything from scratch this time, no multiple face issues, almost every frame captured. Now to read through the training guide :) Thanks again, I truly appreciate your taking the time!