Endless extract - much image

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

mykeehu

Endless extract - much image

Post by mykeehu »

I have a short video, 46 seconds, 1405 frames.
I'm compressing every fifth frame, there should be 281 in total. When the extraction reaches 100%, the operation continues running with the message "Running pass 1 of 1: Extraction:" and unpacks all frames. If I stop the operation, no alignments file is created.
Why does it not stop after the 281st frame? The latest version is installed.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Endless extract - much image

Post by torzdf »

Most likely, the video file is misreporting the number of frames it contains.

The only way to get a guaranteed accurate frame count is to scrub through the entire video decoding every frame. That is too slow, so we rely on the video file to accurately report how many frames it contains. Not all video files do.

If it goes beyond 100%, just leave it running. The video file has lied about how many frames it contains.

My word is final

mykeehu

Re: Endless extract - much image

Post by mykeehu »

I cut and saved the video with Avidemux, but without transcoding. Thanks for the tip, I'll watch it recoded.

Avidemux1.jpg
Avidemux1.jpg (36.3 KiB) Viewed 808 times

Update: Set this MP4 option to Use fragmentation, and save file. This helped me.