Blurry faces

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

yenersebile

Blurry faces

Post by yenersebile »

Is there anything wrong with this job? Over 100 Hours

https://prnt.sc/Nk1YO6wlPkPu

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Blurry faces

Post by torzdf »

Using CGI faces may or may not work out, but it's an interesting experiment to run. Your data seems pretty varied so that should be fine.

Original model is only 64px so will always be a bit blurry. Otherwise you probably needs to look at disabling warping: viewtopic.php?t=1311

My word is final

yenersebile

Post by yenersebile »

First of all, thank you very much for your interest.
I'm trying on another video, the result is the same faces are always blurred.
PC
https://prnt.sc/u9V7RMTfyand

Picture

https://prnt.sc/1iYfeJXO0tmr

what exactly should i do.?How to disable warp?
Should I close the program while training?

steelone

Post by steelone »

I had similar blurry faces no matter how long I trained for also, it got very frustrating and I stopped using the software for a while. It seems to be resolved since I changed my trainer from original to dfaker. I can see you are on original too. Another change I tried at the same time was when extracting I adjusted the refeed from 1 to 8. I suspect maybe small jitters from the re feed being at 1 caused the final converted video to always look blurry. When I changed I noticed the difference very quickly after.

damingxing

output face is blurry

Post by damingxing »

Hello, the face from the output video is very blurry. I have tried a few models, datasets, iterations and etc.

I wonder which part I am doing it wrong.

Here are some of the hyperparameters:

of iterations: 250k

batch_size: 16
model: IAE

of face A: 410

of face B: 389

I think it might be because my # of faces for A and B is a little low. I think it should be around 500-1000, but I just want to approx. know why before getting new data.

Also, could the problem be in "convert"? I am not sure. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

bba20

Re: output face is blurry

Post by bba20 »

Check if face folder is clear. You have to filter/delete most blurry ones from face folders helps. Delete everything that isnt a face too.
From what Ive seen IAE does a weird blending effect that preserves the first face details, I dont prefer it personally.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Blurry output can happen for a lot of reasons.

• Not enough variety in the data (this is the most important one. Data should be highly varied)
  • Resolution of the model (IAE is 64px. It is always going to be blurry to an extent)
  • Model needs to have warp disabled (see here: viewtopic.php?t=1311)

My word is final

damingxing

Post by damingxing »

torzdf wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:33 am

Blurry output can happen for a lot of reasons.

• Not enough variety in the data (this is the most important one. Data should be highly varied)
  • Resolution of the model (IAE is 64px. It is always going to be blurry to an extent)
  • Model needs to have warp disabled (see here: viewtopic.php?t=1311)

Thank you for the information. May I know where I can disable the wrap? Does it mean I should check no wrap under train -> augmentation? Or is it meant to be in another setting? thanks.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Yes, the "No Warp" option.

Don't turn it off too early as it will destroy your model. If you are seeing eye glare/defined teeth, then it is a good time to disable it.

My word is final

ankyzop

Post by ankyzop »

i have also faced same thing