ERROR Unable to extract model file: File is not a zip file

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Shadow1182000

ERROR Unable to extract model file: File is not a zip file

Post by Shadow1182000 »

Hi, i recently installed faceswap and was trying to deepfake a video. I started the extraction process with Face A but then it said that downloading file from github. After a while, in a red text it then said "ERROR Unable to extract model file: File is not a zip file". I restarted the whole process but the same thing happened. I selected the Url: https://github.com/deepfakes-models/fac ... max_v1.zip and manually downloaded the file. It is a zip fie so why does the program say its not. Now that ive manually downloaded the file where should i extract it so that i can continue with the extraction?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: ERROR Unable to extract model file: File is not a zip file

Post by torzdf »

I would guess the file somehow got corrupted. You can grab the file and download/unzip it to the faceswap/.fscache folder, or delete the zip file that is in there and let the process try again.

My word is final