Impact of misaligned images

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

MattB

Impact of misaligned images

Post by MattB »

So, I'm 1.5M iterations into a training session and I'm not getting the quality I would expect. Good enough, I check the usual culprit of input quality. I found that I somehow missed two totally misaligned images in a batch of 1,300. I've updated the alignments and removed those PNG's from the training sets. I know the former isn't strictly necessary but I'm reusing a source set to better train myself on how to do this successfully. Someday, perfection in and perfection out, or so I hope.

How impactful is having a bad alignment image (or two in this case) in a 1,300 image batch? Does it taint the entire set and I should start over? Is it irrelevant and removing them was a waste of time? Thoughts?

Second, and not really related... How (on windows/PC) do I get the help menu to display during manual alignment? I don't see a control for it. Is there a hotkey?

Thanks for your thoughts...

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Impact of misaligned images

Post by torzdf »

It's a percentage game. You are generalizing a model. A very small percentage of misaligned images will have a very small percentage impact on the model.

If you're not getting the results you want the issue is, more often than not, not enough variation in the datasets.

ref: viewtopic.php?p=7506#p7506

My word is final