What is the relationship between the extracted images and the associated alignments file?

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

CProdDigital

What is the relationship between the extracted images and the associated alignments file?

Post by CProdDigital »

I have multiple alignments files for all the different pictures and videos Ive extracted for training, but just the one folder for the extracted faces to go in. Id like to clean up/change my training frames folder, do the alignments files matter? I know the alignment data is stored in the meta of the extracted PNG, and I have a separate folder with my A video frames and alignment file, so am I free to get rid of the alignment files?

Id just like to trim/change/re extract my training images/videos, is there anything I need to keep in mind?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: What is the relationship between the extracted images and the associated alignments file?

Post by torzdf »

Alignments files for training images don't need to be kept. However, I tend to keep them around as they take up less space than a folder of faces, and I can easily go back to the source + alignments file to re-extract faces from the source if needed.

My word is final

CProdDigital

Re: What is the relationship between the extracted images and the associated alignments file?

Post by CProdDigital »

torzdf wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:02 am

I tend to keep them around as they take up less space than a folder of faces

wait can you use the alignment file INSTEAD of the folder of images? or do you mean After youve done all the training you want, you then delete the faces folder and keep the alignmnets, then if you want to train again you just re extract using the alignments file

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

My word is final