How to install a specific version?

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

oilkarvnbommer

How to install a specific version?

Post by oilkarvnbommer »

Hello,
I update faceswap to latest version, but it train the old model from the begining, and the loss is very high. So i want to install old version of faceswap.
When i install a commit from github manully, faceswap crashed when i start it. I follow this steps install faceswap on windows and linux, both of them crashed. https://github.com/deepfakes/faceswap/b ... al-install

Or there is a way to find out what changed in model "bisetnet-fp face"? I train the old "binetnet-fp face" model with 300000 iterations, but the converted face is "Shake left and right", Older models don't have this problem. I had delete faceswap and miniconda, and re-install them, but there is no effect.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: How to install a specific version?

Post by torzdf »

You can just check out an earlier commit to roll back.

However, I'm not entirely sure what your actual issue is, as there have been no significant changes in the model area recently

My word is final

oilkarvnbommer

Post by oilkarvnbommer »

thank you for your replay. I will task some time to find which version cause my problem in the next several days.
If I found the version, I will post here.

jpapas

Post by jpapas »

Do windows installers for previous versions exist and if so where can they be found? I'd like to get the last one cause the latest update just won't work on my computer.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

In what way will it just 'not work'?

The installer will always install the latest version. You'd need to roll back to an earlier commit.

My word is final

jpapas

Post by jpapas »

it just wont install so I can't roll back to an earlier commit even if I knew how to do that, that's why I was asking for an installer for a previous version.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

There isn't an installer for a previous version. The installer stays the same, it just pulls the latest code.

It may be better to drill down on the specific issue you are having, and try to fix that.

When the installer is running, there is a "show details" button. You should click that, then upload the contents of that box here when the installer fails.

My word is final