When using the manual tool to adjust alignments, the alignment changes drastically when I select a frame

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

unkempt

When using the manual tool to adjust alignments, the alignment changes drastically when I select a frame

Post by unkempt »

I'm having all kinds of trouble with this video. First I try to apply alignments to every frame (with the goal of fixing everything for conversion FIRST, then extracting by 10's or more for training afterward). It doesn't actually apply to every frame even with a clear run of the same face (very annoying), but the far bigger problem is that, if I click the alignment mesh for the faces area (F9 button or clicking the alignments icon down below), I can see that the vast majority of alignments is already perfect (the ones that made it anyway) which is good because there are 16,000 frames in this video).

Anyway, if I click on any frame to see the alignment in detail or just to double check, suddenly the face alignment has shifted several inches in some random direction or changed complete to something random (not triggering on anything in the frame). Granted, I could fight through and adjust everything anyway, but I'll end up fixing probably thousands of frames that would have been fine otherwise.

I thought maybe it was having some kind of issue with rescanning the face when I click the frame and tried to stop it, but choosing "normalization method" none doesn't affect the behavior.

I checked a different video doing the same process, but it was fine.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: When using the manual tool to adjust alignments, the alignment changes drastically when I select a frame

Post by torzdf »

Sadly, this will likely be an issue with your video. Most likely what you see initially is correct, but, for whatever reason, the manual tool is having difficulty keeping the video frames and the alignment information synced up.

This will most likely be fixable by re-encoding the video file.

My word is final

unkempt

Re: When using the manual tool to adjust alignments, the alignment changes drastically when I select a frame

Post by unkempt »

Interesting. I did notice the file didn't have a thumbnail like I expected. I'll try doing a quick re-encode and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!