Does the manual tool have any keyboard controls? Shift-selection? Something to make mass-modification easier?

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

unkempt

Does the manual tool have any keyboard controls? Shift-selection? Something to make mass-modification easier?

Post by unkempt »

The tool is amazing for sure, but when dealing with 10,000 frames, I wish I could just use keys to handle a string of bad faces. Right key, delete, right key delete. Or even SHIFT or CTRL click to select the faces in view I definitely don't want then Delete. Right now I end up doing a lot of mouse movement and clicking and it seems really inefficient. Am I missing something?

torzdf
Answers: 156

Re: Does the manual tool have any keyboard controls? Shift-selection? Something to make mass-modification easier?

Post by torzdf »

Sadly not. It's something I do want to add though, but (as I always say) there are many, many things on my todo list.

As with all areas of the code, I would welcome Pull Requests in this area.

In the meantime, for bulk actions, it is very much easier to do this with your OS's file explorer than in the manual tool. I appreciate that this is not always possible.

My word is final

unkempt

Re: Does the manual tool have any keyboard controls? Shift-selection? Something to make mass-modification easier?

Post by unkempt »

I see. So extract all the faces and delete ones that aren't any good? The only problem is that what I'm trying to delete are not faces, but alignments where the face is at far too strong an angle. I suppose I could look for the thumbs where I suspect the alignment won't be any good, delete those, then rebuild alignments from the faces... is that right? Or just use the "remove faces" function?

unkempt

Post by unkempt »

torzdf wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:04 pm

Sadly not. It's something I do want to add though, but (as I always say) there are many, many things on my todo list.

As with all areas of the code, I would welcome Pull Requests in this area.

In the meantime, for bulk actions, it is very much easier to do this with your OS's file explorer than in the manual tool. I appreciate that this is not always possible.

By the way, I glossed over the part where you said "you" wanted to add it. I should have said this is amazing work and I thank you for any contributions to the tool that you've made. I doubt it's in a language I know well enough to tinker with, but I'll consider looking if I have time (but seriously, likely beyond me in terms of time and talent).

If you don't mind another suggestion - something I was thinking of that might be of immense use: a very light macro capability.

I find that for up to a hundred frames in a row, the alignment can be fixed just by grabbing a specific corner (the corner changes depending on the frames) and dragging it a few click to towards one of the corners of the frame. I end up doing the same move over and over and if it were possible to "record" the change in position ("top left box drag down and right by 30 px") and then replay it, I could make the change in a click or two. Just an idea, but that aside, thanks again for everything :D

MaxHunter

Post by MaxHunter »

This is one of those requests that comes up every couple of months, and probably one of the most requested for sure. I think the problem torz has said in the past is the complexity of the tool, and the difficulty in adding something like this. But you are not the first, and won't be the last to suggest this. 🙂😉

Last edited by MaxHunter on Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.