Poor quality of the alignment file after Extract

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

uequalsn

Poor quality of the alignment file after Extract

Post by uequalsn »

Hi All,

I wonder if there's a way to streamline the extraction process in terms of the quality of the output alignment file. Tried to extract the face from a video in mkv format using recommended Detector and Aligner (S3Fd and Fan, respectively). Ran extraction with two different maskers (VGG-Obstructed, Extended). The results are roughly the same: I literally have to click through all the frames and fix displaced face contours.

While I can imagine that it may be hard for the algo to detect a face in a dynamic scene, but this is not my case. Any suggestions are appreciated!

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Poor quality of the alignment file after Extract

Post by bryanlyon »

Alignments do not have to be exact, especially when using a smart mask. In those situations, the alignments are just used to get the face generally upright.

djandg

Post by djandg »

Ive seen that sometimes the detector picks up false faces and aligns, so two or maybe more alignments can be on a frame. Especially of its a crowded video. So I normaly end up running manual alignment to get ride of these "ghosts". Time consuming but thats the way it is, A coffee machine is a great "ghost" :lol:

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

Yes, and our guide covers both the alignment tool and the sort tool. The sort tool is definitely going to be the faster and easier option for doing this.