Masking is off when adding new faces in manual

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

MaxHunter

Masking is off when adding new faces in manual

Post by MaxHunter »

I just started a new model, and this seems to happen a lot. I'll extract faces for training, and then add faces while in manual, but the masking is off (covers too much area or not enough, and in some cases not at all) and the masking tool (not the alignment tool/box) won't let me edit the area.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the alignment box, I'm talking about the masking tool that covers the red area.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, or just a kink in the way it works.

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Masking is off when adding new faces in manual

Post by bryanlyon »

My preference is to create new faces, use the alignment tool to extract a new faceset, then work on masks on their own. I don't ever mix the alignments and masks, this helps avoid any issues like this.

MaxHunter

Post by MaxHunter »

You're saying: Add the faces you want for training, and then re-extract using the alignment tool, and then edit the mask coverage?

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

Yes. I try to do everything one step at a time. It prevents issues such as where you end up with incorrect masks or faces that you've deleted from the alignments being used to train. It's much smoother and easier to avoid mistakes if you process everything one step at a time.

MaxHunter

Post by MaxHunter »

Thanks, man. This worked. 😉