M1 Macbook Pro Training Crash - TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

DrDreGFunk

M1 Macbook Pro Training Crash - TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Post by DrDreGFunk »

Hello, every-time I hit the training button it'll run for a little bit and then it'll present this 'NoneType' error. No idea whats going on - I've attached my crash log for more details. Also I was searching the forums, if M1 macs and Faceswap are working correctly now, does the GPU run smoothly/better? If so is there a way to switch it instead of using the CPU?

Many thanks

Attachments
Faceswap Crash Report.log
(68.3 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
by torzdf » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:46 pm

It looks like at least 1 image (I suspect on your B side, but I can't be sure of that) is not a Faceswap extracted image. When the process attempts to load the metadata for this image (alignment information/mask etc) it cannot find it, so the process errors.

Go to full post
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: M1 Macbook Pro Training Crash - TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Post by torzdf »

It looks like at least 1 image (I suspect on your B side, but I can't be sure of that) is not a Faceswap extracted image. When the process attempts to load the metadata for this image (alignment information/mask etc) it cannot find it, so the process errors.

My word is final

DrDreGFunk

Re: M1 Macbook Pro Training Crash - TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Post by DrDreGFunk »

Thank you so much for your response, I found some time today to re-extract the faces and the problem now seems to be solved! However, I now run into another error as I want to trial out the Realface model. Looks like it has something to do with ffmpeg, I'll attach the recent crash log here. Many thanks in advance!

Edit* I tried running “brew install ffmpeg” and that seemed to fix it!

Attachments
crash_report.2023.04.26.022740775668.log
(25.96 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Last edited by DrDreGFunk on Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

You shouldn't need to brew install ffmpeg, as we include it as part of Faceswap. However, if this works for you, then that is all good.

Also, I don't have an M1 Mac to test, so there is a chance this is a real problem on M1 Macs.

My word is final