Faster face extraction for different purpose

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

scarface

Faster face extraction for different purpose

Post by scarface »

Hello,

Im sorry if this will be consifered as off topic. The software itself is (yet) too complex for me but it's amazing.
It's actaully the ONLY ONE that can extract faces from blurry videos and can do it automatically. Even if the face appears just for few seconds.
I wanted to extract faces for 52 vids and after 7 hours the second clip was in the first phase of scanning and I have lots of clips to scan.

• is it possible to reconfigure somehow to extract XX faces and then skip to the next video file?
  • is it possible to pick just the best faces? With most of landmarks (for later use)
  • is it possible to crop the whole heard (or more) rather than just the face. I know there is an option for this but just wanted to confirm

Im sorry, I know it might be little OF but I tried to find good extraction software for weeks and this is the only that works but have different purpose.

Thank You in advance.
Matthew

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Faster face extraction for different purpose

Post by torzdf »

scarface wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:08 pm

Hello,

Welcome!

I wanted to extract faces for 52 vids and after 7 hours the second clip was in the first phase of scanning and I have lots of clips to scan.

This sounds like you are running on CPU. You will have a far better time of it if you can extract using GPU.

• is it possible to reconfigure somehow to extract XX faces and then skip to the next video file?

Not directly, no. The best we can offer is the Extract Every N option, which will allow you to extract a face from every Nth frame (eg with an EEN value of 10, it will skip every 9 frames then extract from the 10th)

• is it possible to pick just the best faces? With most of landmarks (for later use)

Not sure what you mean by this, but there are aligner filters, or sorting is an option (covered in the extract guide)

• is it possible to crop the whole heard (or more) rather than just the face. I know there is an option for this but just wanted to confirm

By default it will extract the whole head (see here: https://github.com/deepfakes/faceswap/pull/1095)

My word is final