Hello from a newbie

If you want to introduce yourself and say hello, this is the place to do it.

julia

Hello from a newbie

Post by julia »

Hi all,

I'm Julia from Germany, near Hamburg, and I'm quite new here in the forum and in the faceswap topic.

I haven't worked, or even installed the program, but beforehand, I'd like to know, whether faceswap can do the following:
I have a number of photographs of myself.
I'd like to mount my face onto several pictures of other women, e.g. in beautiful dresses, I don't have, next to other people, Bikini pictures, and so on.
This means not only the face needs top be swapped, but also e.g. hair cut,, often directly adjacent to the picture background. I have long blond hair, the target pictures not.
Size, light, and head direction of my own photograph don't necessarily match the target pictures.

Is all this possible in high quality? Also, it's only for fun, only pictures of myself, nothing harmful.

Bye, Julia

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Hello from a newbie

Post by torzdf »

It's possible, yes, but it won't be good/easy.

Hair, by it's nature, is complex and changes a lot. Long hair is particularly difficult, I would only really recommend trying this with short hair.

Also, long hair can and will fall outside of the 'swap box' so some post-processing would be required.

My short advice would be that the amount of work required and the quality of the end result would probably not make this a worthwhile endeavour.

My word is final

julia

Re: Hello from a newbie

Post by julia »

Ah, that's what I've assumed, by looking at some examples, were only the face area is swapped, and by observing how difficult it is to select strands of long hair and separate it from the background, e.g. in GIMP. What a pity.

bye, Julia