Second extraction for realignment?

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Fed

Second extraction for realignment?

Post by Fed »

I have a video where I want to replace the face.
Naturally I want the extracted face to have the best alignment possible.

So I would like to use "Normalization", "Re Feed" and "Re Align". If I understand it correctly.
Each of them reduces the speed. And if the video I have has a lot of other different faces - it's a lot of extra work and extra time wasted on the faces I don't need.

Looks like I can reduce the extra work and extra time by using the "Filter". If I understand it correctly.
But since it's the video where I want to replace the face, I need to err on the side of caution and set the threshold that would not filter out the face I want to replace. Which still means a lot of extra faces and extra work on alignment.

So my question is - can I extract faces without "Normalization", "Re Feed" and "Re Align"? Then remove the faces that I don't need from the alignments file. And then extract again, using the resulting alignment file to limit the list of faces but turning on all the options for better alignment?
Would that work?

I guess I could try doing that, but I'm not sure if I can see the difference unless I go all the way. And even if I do, I'm not sure one experiment would give me a reliably conclusive answer, so I decided to ask.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Second extraction for realignment?

Post by torzdf »

Unfortunately not, no. It doesn't work that way. Any faces you extract are aligned/re-aligned on the first pass. It would take quite a bit of work to be able to feed it a previously generated alignments file and re-align those faces.

My word is final

MaxHunter

Re: Second extraction for realignment?

Post by MaxHunter »

I've often wished there were a way to do that, or at least be able to automatically realign faces, like a filter folder you can manually place faces/frames into to tell the program to retry these specific frames.

Edit: Never mind. 🤦😆 As I was reminded of the obvious from SuperHans on Discord:
Delete the pics you want re-aligned, use the alignments tool to remove faces, then run regular extract process while selecting the latest alignment file and select “skip existing faces”

Last edited by MaxHunter on Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.