Mask editor bug? Zoom in-out discrepancies

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

hullo

Mask editor bug? Zoom in-out discrepancies

Post by hullo »

I extracted with bisnet-fp masks. Open the manual tool to check. If the mask is off, I can fill it in (or erase). But in some cases when I zoom in or out, the mask shifts. Example, I click on magnify and erase some of the mask that picked up hair or background, hit magnify again to zoom back out, and now some of the face is missing mask. And vice versa.

If it's a bug, which should I rely on, regular view or magnified?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Mask editor bug? Zoom in-out discrepancies

Post by torzdf »

I've not seen this. Are you able to post a short video/screengrabs to show what you mean?

My word is final

hullo

Post by hullo »

PM'd you a screen recording, google drive link. Though it seems to be lingering in the outbox.

Update: I notice that in some cases, magnifying the view changes the green square framing. (Not just rotating so it's upright, but the contents shifted.) Not sure why, but at least it makes sense why the mask would shift too. I'll keep poking around to see why it's happening with some frames and not others.

Update 2: It seems that changes to the green bounding box are not translating to the mask tool, at least in normal view. Switching between location editor and mask editor, if there's been a change to the green box, I can see the green box shifting. Green box changes are maintained in magnified mask view.

Last edited by hullo on Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
torzdf

Post by torzdf »

hullo wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:16 pm

PM'd you a screen recording, google drive link. Though it seems to be lingering in the outbox.

Just means I haven't picked it up yet. Most likely I will do tomorrow.

Update: I notice that in some cases, magnifying the view changes the green square framing. (Not just rotating so it's upright, but the contents shifted.) Not sure why, but at least it makes sense why the mask would shift too. I'll keep poking around to see why it's happening with some frames and not others.

Update 2: It seems that changes to the green bounding box are not translating to the mask tool, at least in normal view. Switching between location editor and mask editor, if there's been a change to the green box, I can see the green box shifting. Green box changes are maintained in magnified mask view.

I'll pick this up tomorrow and try to replicate.... However, any changes to the 'green box' (aka, changes to the landmarks) is meant to entirely invalidate and delete any NN based masks, as they would no longer be valid for the updated aligned face

My word is final

hullo

Post by hullo »

Solved. I had to regenerate the masks. Now there's no shift between regular and magnified views in the manual window.

I actually tried to do that before, and it kept saying no masks were replaced. I thought that was odd but kept moving. When I tried it again today I realized "missing" is default and I needed to select "all" masks.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Thanks for the update. I will still look into this when I have time, because it does not sound like it is working as expected. I've just been a bit short on time lately.

There may be a bug with 'missing' in the mask tool not working correctly, so I will look into that too.

Will update if/when I get round to this.

Also, I just looked at your video. Is that what the manual tool looks like to you?? (mostly black, with squished up buttons on the left), because that looks very, very broken!

If so, what OS are you running?

Last edited by torzdf on Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

My word is final