GUI Glitching

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

BillyThompsFosho

GUI Glitching

Post by BillyThompsFosho »

Hello everyone,

I just finished setting up faceswap on my Kali Linux WSL. It took a while but I finally have everything set up to the point where my GUI opens up, however it is glitching whenever I move my mouse around.

When I click the glitching stops until I move my mouse over the GUI again. Everything seems to function as well, its just a little tough to see what I am doing. I am also using ROCm as well, so I wasn't sure if that was the issue or not. Has anyone else seen this or knows what might be causing this?

Thanks for your time,

Pizzamouth

by torzdf » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:00 pm
bryanlyon wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:25 pm

This actually is not a problem with FaceSwap but instead originates on your system. I'm assuming it's something due to drivers or the specific setup of Kali, WSL, Windows and your local system. Since there are so many variables there I wouldn't even know where to begin to find the cause.

Just to clarify on this. This issue is currently ubiqutous to all WSL2 distros. It sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't. The only sure-fire workaround for now is to use a different X-Server client for WSL2 than the one they ship with,

Not really the most straightforward solution, sadly.

Go to full post
Last edited by bryanlyon on Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the image link so it'd actually display
bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: GUI Glitching

Post by bryanlyon »

This actually is not a problem with FaceSwap but instead originates on your system. I'm assuming it's something due to drivers or the specific setup of Kali, WSL, Windows and your local system. Since there are so many variables there I wouldn't even know where to begin to find the cause.

This is why my suggestion is to instead use the Windows version. If you want to run the Rocm version in WSL, you can still use the Windows version for the GUI then click "generate" and copy/paste the command into your WSL console (modifying the path to your WSL Faceswap).

This may not be ideal, but since the GUI relies on the CLI for most tasks, this should be enough for training at least. I would still suggest using the Windows version for things like extract and the like, even if you're training with Rocm.

Or, if you can just run Linux directly you can run the Rocm version that way. You don't have to convert your entire system to Linux as many Linux OSes offer a USB install that will work fine for FaceSwap's needs.

BillyThompsFosho

Gotcha, thank you for the quick reply. Thanks for fixing my post too :lol:

I will probably switch to Windows like you suggest.

Last edited by BillyThompsFosho on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

Ha...

This is a current WSL issue, and one I am currently fighting with at the moment.

Reference:
https://github.com/microsoft/wslg/issues/1148

I'm really hoping they will fix this soon as I'm about to start pushing Windows users to WSL2

My word is final

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

bryanlyon wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:25 pm

Just to clarify on this. This issue is currently ubiqutous to all WSL2 distros. It sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't. The only sure-fire workaround for now is to use a different X-Server client for WSL2 than the one they ship with,

My word is final

BillyThompsFosho

torzdf wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:00 pm

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that had to experience this. :lol: I was going nuts trying to figure it out. I Guess I will just use the windows version for now and check later to see if the WSL gets updated then.