Teeth

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

d3x

Teeth

Post by d3x »

Teeth are always hard to get right for me... is there any trick to this? or certain trainers that perform better for teeth?

It seemed to be less of an issue when I was working with lower output size models, but since I started doing 256px-512px output it just takes forever to get the teeth right while the eyes are near perfection and every other little skin detail is already learned

Last edited by d3x on Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Teeth

Post by torzdf »

I don't really have an issue with teeth, more mouths generally. The reason (I believe) is that mouths are by far the most complex part of a face (can change a lot more than something like eyes, and the rest of the face is very much static in comparison).

That being said, I do not have an issue with teeth resolving with good data and enough time.

My word is final

d3x

Post by d3x »

Apparently it was LPIPS making it impossible to resolve the teeth on the swapped face even after 2mill iterations (Phaze-A dny512 preset)
Once I removed it from the loss functions, the model finally got the teeth right after another 100k iterations - but I did lose all the sharpness I gained from LPIPS

Last edited by d3x on Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

I can't say I have had this issue.

You could try just adjusting the weight of LPIPS down, rather than disabling it altogether.

My word is final

Krautzi64

Post by Krautzi64 »

I try it like this: I often use the SAE-Model.
I look for smiles / teeth in the A and B trainsets and put them in a extra folder and train on these later. Even worked when the A face wasn't so great. (I had a 80s TV Series with grainy, blurry picture as DVD release).

d3x

Post by d3x »

yea it turned out it was just nowhere near done on training the teeth, i got much better eventually :)