Training with Original trainer: after 35+ k iterations only the 1st A and 1st B images are showing

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

cavay

Training with Original trainer: after 35+ k iterations only the 1st A and 1st B images are showing

Post by cavay »

Hi, I'm a newbie in this so I'm confused as to why even after 35+ k only the 1st images of both sides are showing? I must admit that the next 2 on both sides are slowly showing some pixelated color but the rest is completely blank (grey).

I tried initially the RealFace plugin and there all the images in the preview started blurry.

What should I expect here towards the end (which is far far away, I know)? Will each image (top to bottom) slowly start to appear? If so, does that mean that the current ones that I can see at the top have actually most progressed and the ones that have blanks made no progress?

Note: on every preview refresh the images at the top are different ones

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Training with Original trainer: after 35+ k iterations only the 1st A and 1st B images are showing

Post by torzdf »

cavay wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:55 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie in this so I'm confused as to why even after 35+ k only the 1st images of both sides are showing? I must admit that the next 2 on both sides are slowly showing some pixelated color but the rest is completely blank (grey).

This sounds like one half of the model has collapsed... The two sides should resolve at approximately the same speed.

I tried initially the RealFace plugin and there all the images in the preview started blurry.

I'm not a big fan of the unbalanced models, I would suggest choosing a different one. Dfaker is a reasonable choice if starting out + learning the ropes.

What should I expect here towards the end (which is far far away, I know)? Will each image (top to bottom) slowly start to appear? If so, does that mean that the current ones that I can see at the top have actually most progressed and the ones that have blanks made no progress?

See above

My word is final

cavay

Re: Training with Original trainer: after 35+ k iterations only the 1st A and 1st B images are showing

Post by cavay »

torzdf wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:54 pm

This sounds like one half of the model has collapsed... The two sides should resolve at approximately the same speed.

Hmm, not sure I explained well enough so let me try again.

In the preview, there are multiple columns so it looks like this:
(+) : there is an image
(pb) : pixelated background where an image should be
(sb) : solid (gray) background where an image should be

It seems that "pb" are appearing with the increase of iterations. Should I expect at some considerably higher numbers of iterations remaining images to start appearing (I assume first PBs, then SBs)?

Another thing is that on each preview refresh (automatic or manual), these images that do appear (+) - they get changed but apparently within some small set of images, I don't see there a great variety of images.

Original (A)Original > OriginalOriginal > SwapOriginal (A)Original > OriginalOriginal > SwapSwap (B)Swap > SwapSwap > OriginalSwap (B)Swap > SwapSwap > Original
++++pbsb++++sbpb
+pbsb+pbsb+sbpb+sbpb
+pbsb+pbsb+sbpb+sbpb
+pbsb+pbsb+sbpb+sbpb
Last edited by cavay on Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

A screengrab would make this easier... But it should start resembling faces fairly quickly (within a save iteration or 2). If it isn't, then the model has collapsed and you'll most likely need to start again with a lower learning rate.

My word is final