Config parameters from command line

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

jode

Config parameters from command line

Post by jode »

If I'm running extraction from command line, is there any way to add some parameters existing in extract.ini straight to the command? For example if I'm using mtcnn detector and I want to use different scalefactor than in extract.ini, is there any way to change it like adding '-scalefactor 0.8' to command line parameters? I know I can make several extract.ini and copy one I want to use to config directory before running command line but looking for easier way.

This question is related to my current project which I found very challenging to detectors to detect faces. Most of them is found easily but there are some parts where some frames isn't detected even if the frames isn't changing at all comparing to detected ones. Mtcnn finds them every time more when I use different scalefactor.

Last edited by jode on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Config parameters from command line

Post by torzdf »

You can't pass config items direct from the command line, no.

You can, however, pass config file paths direct from the command line. So you can just create a different config file for each of your changes, and pass the relevant path in:

Code: Select all

-C CONFIGFILE, --configfile CONFIGFILE
                        Optionally overide the saved config with the path to a custom config file.

My word is final

jode

Re: Config parameters from command line

Post by jode »

torzdf wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:22 pm

You can't pass config items direct from the command line, no.

You can, however, pass config file paths direct from the command line. So you can just create a different config file for each of your changes, and pass the relevant path in:

Code: Select all

-C CONFIGFILE, --configfile CONFIGFILE
                        Optionally overide the saved config with the path to a custom config file.

That's good to know. Unfortunately isn't helping with this case. Thank You!