An idea for improving swapping differing face sizes

Got questions or tips about the Conversion process? This is the place to discuss them.

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Converting faces from your trained model.

If you are having issues with the Convert process not working as you would expect, then you should post in the Convert Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

swapration

An idea for improving swapping differing face sizes

Post by swapration »

Was reading this post - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1647 - of someone trying to replace a large face with a smaller face and it got me thinking, more believable swaps could probably be made if a 'heal' pass (take some of the surrounding background around a face and drawn inward) was run over the old face prior to drawing in the new face.
Here is an example of heal being run on GIMP to remove a chicken from a photo - .
Heal isn't perfect but it should look much better than the grey background produced when a smaller face is replacing a larger face.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: An idea for improving swapping differing face sizes

Post by torzdf »

It would be great to have something like this "automagically" included in Faceswap, but I can't see it being anything I'll be looking into any time soon.

Ultimately (for the time being at least) these kind of fixes are best done with post-editing tools.

My word is final