Linux installation without internet

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

efraimlangkous

Linux installation without internet

Post by efraimlangkous »

Hello,

I'm very keen on trying out Faceswap. Unfortunately, the workstation I'd like to use does not have an active connection to the internet. Given the installer downloads the required dependencies whilst performing the installation... what would be the best way to install the software?

Is there something like an offline installer? Or could I simply install the software onto one machine and then copy it over to the offline workstation?

Many thanks,
Efraim

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Linux installation without internet

Post by bryanlyon »

The installer cannot be used offline. You can install manually however. That generally does require internet still, but you can get past that by downloading the git and conda libraries on another computer and installing conda libraries from a local source ( https://stackoverflow.com/questions/343 ... cal-source ).

efraimlangkous

Post by efraimlangkous »

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the reply. I managed to install the software using miniconda on a machine connected to the internet, and then simply copying that entire folder to my machine without internet access. Worked a charm.

nakdan000

Post by nakdan000 »

Hi! I would like to do just this with a windows 10 computer and I want to know how to copy the folders. There are 3 folders 1- ,conda. 2- miniconda3. 3-faceswap.

Is there any specific way that they have to be saved? And do I have to change the path to the folders, because they were originally installed under a different username?

Thanks