Should I remove faces in 90°?

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

andreaaraya01

Should I remove faces in 90°?

Post by andreaaraya01 »

I have done an extraction and I have sorted with the app tool, when I going to verify data and later check and delete no faces images I found faces in 90°, 180° and others when face apear but the middle part of body too, so the question is should I delete all this faces and only keep faces when the face appear in 0° and just the face without body? or some images with middle body part or rotated faces could be used too?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Should I remove faces in 90°?

Post by torzdf »

These are misaligns. That is, the detector has found a face but the aligner has failed to align it. For training you can just go ahead ad remove the faces. For conversion you will want to use the manual tool to fix these up.

My word is final