Skip specific face due to multiple faces existence in single frame

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

brianw0924

Skip specific face due to multiple faces existence in single frame

Post by brianw0924 »

Their are some frames that have multiple faces.

I found that the face I want is always detected first (so the index is video_name_xxxx_0.png)

and I want to skip other faces in this frame (only save 1 image per frame)

For now, I just manually modify the "extract.py" code to skip the saving iteration if the idx != 0

I'm wondering if there is an argument to fix this problem. I have tried --skip-existing, but it requires alignment file.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Skip specific face due to multiple faces existence in single frame

Post by torzdf »

Your assertion is incorrect, I'm afraid. The index number of the face you want is entirely arbitrary. There is no guarantee that the face you want will be index 0.

The easiest and quickest way is definitely just to let the process extract all faces, then use sort by face so you can delete all the faces you don't want.

See here for more info:
viewtopic.php?t=27#sort

My word is final