Error while reading image. This can be caused by special characters in the filename or a corrupt image file

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

JohnWick

Error while reading image. This can be caused by special characters in the filename or a corrupt image file

Post by JohnWick »

Hello,

I have a big problem. I have followed all the steps to the letter and each time at the Train phase I get this message on about 30 of my images (A or B).

"Error while reading image. This can be caused by special characters in the filename or a corrupt image file : "D:\....". Original error message: Image is None" - (I didn't put the path it's quite long)

I've been searching for 2 hours on the internet and came across a post on this forum but there was no solution.

I hope there is a solution :)

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Error while reading image. This can be caused by special characters in the filename or a corrupt image file

Post by torzdf »

The process has failed to load the image. The most likely reason is that there are special characters in the filename or the image file is corrupted. I'm not really sure what more I can add to that without the full path.

My word is final