misaligned faces

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

master_of_disaster

misaligned faces

Post by master_of_disaster »

I'm not entirely sure what this means. I have several faces flagged as "misaligned" in the Manual tool. I resized the bounding box and manually moved landmarks to get them into what seems to be the right place. To me, it looks good, but some of the faces are still flagged as "misaligned". So perhaps I'm not understanding what the tool is looking at when it flags something as misaligned. If I cannot get the face to become "aligned", does it mean I should remove it from my training set even though the landmarks look good to me? Mainly it happens for non-frontal shots of the face, so it would limit my training set a lot more to remove every misaligned face.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: misaligned faces

Post by torzdf »

If it looks good to you, then just move on. Misaligned is just a calculation of landmark distance from an "average" face. Profile views are, by definition, a long way from an "average" face, so they will get picked up as misaligned. That filter is just a helper function rather than the be-all and end-all of what is misaligned or not.

My word is final