Possible to Delete Source Pictures / Clean Alignments File?

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

363LS2GTO

Possible to Delete Source Pictures / Clean Alignments File?

Post by 363LS2GTO »

Something that has given me a good amount of grief tracking down the problem is that I don't always want to use "sort" in the extract process and instead want to go straight to the manual tool without outputting faces to a folder first (too much unnecessary writing and deleting will eventually kill a SSD).

This mostly affects me when I go to regenerate masks after using the manual tool and select the source photos instead of any extracted faces as the input.

(The program does give me this option which is why I figured that 'cleaning the alignments file' would work for both extracted faces as well as source photos--nope-- this was partially the source of the grief tracking down the problem. I also originally thought that running the manual tool after deleting a photo / face would automatically clean the alignments file--also no.)

For videos, this is not an issue. However, when photos are the original source and I see that a photo just won't work in the manual tool, I want to delete it so its not around for any future use.

The extract guide gives a way to 'clean the alignments file' after deleting extracted faces, but no way to fix the alignments file after deleting source photos.

If you do delete a source photo, the alignments file will be totally messed up and you basically have to start from extract.

Is there a way to delete original source photos and update the alignments file or am I stuck not messing with the original photos without extracting again?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Possible to Delete Source Pictures / Clean Alignments File?

Post by torzdf »

Your use is very edge-case, as I have not seen it raised before.

Short answer: no, and not something I'm likely to add, I'm afraid.

My word is final

363LS2GTO

Re: Possible to Delete Source Pictures / Clean Alignments File?

Post by 363LS2GTO »

Thanks for the info. I won't be deleting any source photos (referenced as "frames" for video files) after I extract them in the future.

I found this thread in a different search that also answers the question well.

viewtopic.php?p=7225&hilit=missing+frames#p7225

I was searching for what the purpose of the "missing-frames" & "missing-alignments" job under the tools-alignments tab is used for and I'm still not quite sure. Before you answered the question, I thought that this might fix the problem. Based upon the program explanation (yellow box text) this option and several like it just identify the problem but does not fix the problem? (not a big deal...just seems a little odd to tell you there is a problem only).