How long does it finally need, to install faceswap with the complete download-installer?

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Peter777

How long does it finally need, to install faceswap with the complete download-installer?

Post by Peter777 »

Hello, i've started to install faceswap hours ago. The installation process works very well, unitl the last step. >>>> "Finally it will install Faceswap's prerequisites and Faceswap into the Conda Environment. Depending on your internet connection speed, this can take a while as it needs to download a lot of resources."

Ok, the hint ist: "THis may take a while". But hours? 4 oder 5 hours alone this last step? I've stopped the process, because it will never end. The running system is Windows 10 and the internet connections works very well. How long does it normaly take? Thanks!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: How long does it finally need, to install faceswap with the complete download-installer?

Post by torzdf »

You have it installed now (as per your follow up message). However, for any other potential viewers, it really depends on the internet connection and other external factors. Several Gigabytes of data need to be downloaded to set up the Faceswap environment. Most of these are deep learning related libraries.

My word is final