Deepfake high-res photograph

Discussions about research, Faceswapping and things that don't fit in the other categories here.

Shane

Deepfake high-res photograph

Post by Shane »

Hi all,
I'm doing a magazine cover with a model as an 3d avatar, and I'm struggling a little with the likeness of the model, it's nearly there, but it's missing a little something that I cant put my finger on.
I'm wondering if it's possible to use faceswap to swap the avatar version of the model with a photograph, and for it to return a higher resolution than 4k.
(There is quite a lot of high-res photos of the model online, so hopefully the data set will be adequate).

It will be my first time using the software, hoping someone can fill me in on best practices for trying to achieve something like this.

Thanks in advance!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Deepfake high-res photograph

Post by torzdf »

To the first part, yes. you could swap in this way.

For the 2nd part (4k+) realistically, no. It is theoretically possible, but you'd need to hire someone with a lot of experience, several extremely beefy GPUs and a lot of time. Certainly you will get no way near satisfactory results if this is your first attempt at it. The first rule of faceswapping is everyone's first swap is terrible.

My word is final