Adjusted masks during manual adjustment - didn't seem to work with training - error on conversion.

Discussions about research, Faceswapping and things that don't fit in the other categories here.

MaxHunter

Re: Adjusted masks during manual adjustment - didn't seem to work with training - error on conversion.

Post by MaxHunter »

Question about this:

I can't seem to get my Masking Editor to stick either. Does re-masking through the Masking Tool/tab reset the mask after I manually edit it?

The way I'm understanding everything in this post is that I'm to edit (when I use the Mask editor, not box editor) in the manual tool and then use the Mask Tab to remask the frame. But sure enough, I just noticed faces that reverted back to the original mask in my training previews.

Last edited by MaxHunter on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Adjusted masks during manual adjustment - didn't seem to work with training - error on conversion.

Post by torzdf »

It depends what you do with the mask tool.....

Ultimately the mask tool serves 2 purposes. To either preview existing masks or add/replace new masks.

Let's ignore the first one.

If you have generated all your masks and edit some of them in the manual tool, then this is all you need to do. The edits are saved straight to the alignments file. Once this work is done, you just need to re-extract your face set. The edited mask will then also exist in the PNG header.

If you edit masks and then re-run the mask tool, assuming you select "all" rather than "missing", then you will overwrite any of your edits with the newly generated mask. You only need to re-run the mask tool, after edits, if you need to re-generate masks which have been deleted (using the "missing" option to avoid overwriting your edits).

My word is final