M1 Max, Freeze on start training

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

denggj28

M1 Max, Freeze on start training

Post by denggj28 »

When there are many training files(5000 * 2), the GUI freezes at the beginning of the training. When I look in Activity Monitor, the training is actually going on. At this time, I can only force quit, no log is generated. I've noticed that the freeze happens when the GUI is generating the preview, is it because my machine doesn't have enough RAM? But I have 32GB RAM

Model: Dlight
Features: Best
Details: Good
Output Size: 256
Batch Size: 16

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: M1 Max, Freeze on start training

Post by torzdf »

No, it's not because of lack of RAM.

It will be some specific M1 issue, which I would be unable to advise on, not owning an M1 Mac.

The best I could recommend, is to do the Mac equivalent of this: app.php/faqpage#f1r1 and hope for the best.

My word is final

denggj28

Re: M1 Max, Freeze on start training

Post by denggj28 »

Thanks for your reply, now works perfectly in command line mode