Hello! Fresh user diving into this.

If you want to introduce yourself and say hello, this is the place to do it.

AtomicSniper

Hello! Fresh user diving into this.

Post by AtomicSniper »

Hello, decided to test how well my GPU fares in this line of work, been doing some tests but no real results as I am still figuring out what everything does and what is more important than others. My setup is a i9 10900k with a RTX 4090.

torzdf
Answers: 156

Re: Hello! Fresh user diving into this.

Post by torzdf »

Welcome and good luck!

My word is final

chuffgod

Post by chuffgod »

i just got a 4090. running on 9900k / 32gb memory@ 3600. very curious what kind of performance you are getting. i haven't been able to find a lot of info. im basically getting 3x more performance than my 2 old titan x. i thought i would get more. not sure if i am missing out on performance. i downloaded cuda 12 and zlib... no gains. i also notice just like my titan, the gpu bounces up and down (0-95%) while working. i assumed the 4090 would be more efficient at feeding the work load and keep the gpu pegged... if anyone knows of anything special i need to do other than installing face swap and the latest nvida game driver please let me know!

torzdf
Answers: 156

Post by torzdf »

Honestly, if you are getting 3x the performance, then my guess would be it is working 'as expected'. Sadly I don't have a 4xxx series gpu to give you any stats though

My word is final