A bit of a basic question...

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

MaxHunter

A bit of a basic question...

Post by MaxHunter »

If I I'm reusing a B face, and I'm uninterested in swapping the A onto the B face, am I wasting my time trying to get the A face to the absolute loss minimum?

Further Explanation:

I use a lot of the same actors faces for my B face, and now have them down to a reasonable loss value. It occured to me as I'm working with a new A face model, that it might not be necessary to run training for a million iterations as I'm not interested in swapping my A face onto my B face. I just need my machine to understand the basic structure of the A face and how my B face can fit onto it.

Last edited by MaxHunter on Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaxHunter

Re: A bit of a basic question...

Post by MaxHunter »

For others with the same question:

From Discord, Super Hans

When I’ve dome that before, it’s more of a case where the new face A is “good enough” than looking for perfection.
I’m sure it’ll probably be better if both sides are fully trained to perfection, but like all things it’s a balancing act between wants and resources.
Of course the proper way is to have the model trained from the ground up on two faces but sometimes you just want to make something quick for fun instead of caring about identity loss/bleed.