No Warp question

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Clawless

No Warp question

Post by Clawless »

This is my first try of the software(and first post here), and i have question about "No warp" and "No flip" training that the guide wasn't clear to me on.

When you set to "No Warp" do you do this with your training data or the extracts you wish to convert(fit training)? And if it is the former, do you turn warp back on for "fit training"?

Below is where i am with training using the dfaker model at about 260,000 iterations

Input size 512
Output size 256 (This might have been a mistake)
A 11,476 images
B 21,950 images

I have kept colour augmentation on, as i believe it helps with the lighting differences between sets.

Not all the source images were added imediatly, as i initially thought i could do what i wanted with less.

Last edited by bryanlyon on Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Training question

Post by bryanlyon »

I suggest turning it off a bit before fit training. It's important to note that warping is partially to avoid overtraining the model, so shouldn't be turned off TOO early. Turning it off only during fit training is probably not the best option either since fit training deliberately starves it for data to get the final details as accurate as possible and doing this at the same time as starting the no-warp might be TOO little data -- causing overtraining.

This is why I HIGHLY recommend making a backup of the model before you begin fit training (or turning on no-warp). It makes it MUCH easier to reverse course if you decide that the model actually wasn't ready yet.

Clawless

Re: Training question

Post by Clawless »

bryanlyon wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:03 pm

I suggest turning it off a bit before fit training. It's important to note that warping is partially to avoid overtraining the model, so shouldn't be turned off TOO early. Turning it off only during fit training is probably not the best option either since fit training deliberately starves it for data to get the final details as accurate as possible and doing this at the same time as starting the no-warp might be TOO little data -- causing overtraining.

This is why I HIGHLY recommend making a backup of the model before you begin fit training (or turning on no-warp). It makes it MUCH easier to reverse course if you decide that the model actually wasn't ready yet.

Thank you! will make more backups then!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: No Warp question

Post by torzdf »

For sure, back up your model before disabling. My general rule of thumb is I turn of warping when I am getting clearly defined teeth and eye-glare. This isn't necessarily correct, it is just what has worked for me.

I normally turn off flipping at this point too, unless I have an individual who has clearly defined characteristics on one side of their face (for example a mole/beauty spot) in which case I will turn of flipping earlier.

My word is final