Just an idea for getting better resolution.

Got questions or tips about the Conversion process? This is the place to discuss them.

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Converting faces from your trained model.

If you are having issues with the Convert process not working as you would expect, then you should post in the Convert Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Clawless

Just an idea for getting better resolution.

Post by Clawless »

This was a thought i had while training. There is probably a good reason it isn't done. I may also mix up some terminology.
So my apolgies if the idea is silly.

A few years ago i was reading about using image stacking to get higher resolution images.

https://petapixel.com/2015/02/21/a-prac ... photoshop/

Could it be applied to face swapping , at the conversion step, to get higher resolutions from lower resolution models?

For example if a model output is 256X256 and faces in the files to be converted are closer to 512. Instead of inputting a face once to swap it, you input the face multiple times but dither/offset the input differently each time.

Then process the multiple outputs into a single higher resolution image Python package for this that replaces the original, and apply necessary colour corrections etc.

The negatives i can speculate on:
Conversion would take far far longer.
Outputs may not fit as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZBHHXDUSI8

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Just an idea for getting better resolution.

Post by bryanlyon »

Sadly, no. This technique works fine for non-generative tasks such as color correction and things like that. But slight differences in the swap output will not line up properly when applied in a dithered fashion. This leads to inconsistent swap results.

Clawless

Re: Just an idea for getting better resolution.

Post by Clawless »

Thank you, sorry for delayed reply. That does explain it.