A way to limit the load?

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Fed

A way to limit the load?

Post by Fed »

It's pretty hot where I am.
I'm already sitting in my underwear and I don't like how the coolers on my video card sound. )
And they say it'll get even hotter.
So I began thinking that maybe I need to take a break for a couple of months with training the model. Which I don't really want to do.
And a better alternative - as I see it - would be a way to limit the load. Either "manually" by setting the maximum percentage the program is allowed to load the gpu or by setting the goal temperature.

I mean, I understand that this kind of functionality is nowhere near critical for this software and I'm not asking to add it. Just saying I think it would be nice to have.

Andentze

Re: A way to limit the load?

Post by Andentze »

The only way I could see "limiting" the load on your GPU is either by undervolting it or underclocking it. But I'm not sure it'll have a good effect on the training process...