Any new training destabilizes faces

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

StarkRaven

Any new training destabilizes faces

Post by StarkRaven »

Hello,
Hope all is well. Having an odd issue. Mainly using villian. It started after an update about 6 months ago. Any model I train, new or existing becomes unstable. The face bounces or distorts, slightly changing size in the converted video.
If I use any model that was trained before this time the converted video is great. I just can't update the model for the video I am trying to convert or the face wobbles.
I have unistalled Faceswap and all related Cuda libraries multiple times but the problem persits. I have re-extracted my training faces. I have tried training both with and with out masks.Nothing corrects the problem. I usually train for 750,000 to 1,500,000 iterations. Even supplimental training of simply 10,000 iterations on one of my previously trained models cause the effect.
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have been using Faceswap for about 2 years and still get great results, as long I am using any model trained over 6 months ago.
I have a sample video I can upload to demonstrate both the stable older models and the newer wobbling one. Same video, same extraction, mask (bisenet), and alignments the only difference Is on what version of faceswap and cuda the model was trained.
Thanks,
and all the best.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Any new training destabilizes faces

Post by torzdf »

This sounds very odd.

A sample video would be appreciated.

My word is final

Bigbobbigybig

Re: Any new training destabilizes faces

Post by Bigbobbigybig »

I am having the same issue. It was running fine a maybe a week ago. Now all of the faces are coming in blurry, distorted, or imperfect. I was going to try and uninstall is and retry the program but I'd love to know what happened.