Some strange but great model I've seen

Discussions about research, Faceswapping and things that don't fit in the other categories here.

Some strange but great model I've seen

Post by 3541352622 »

Hi.

Yesterday I saw a faceswapping ad on social media saying "faceswap a video in 30s with only one pic". I assumed it to be some kind of scam-click thing at first but I tried it out anyway. And these are some data.

Original:

Swap to:

Product:

Time for swapping (model training + convert ) : Roughly 30 secs, definitely within 1 minute.

Also, this entire swapping is cheap, I believe they are simply just earning some ads money.

The product I got is actually a video, but to make it simpler for demonstration here I just screenshot a frame of it. The entire video is of more or less the same swapping effect with these 3 pics I showed.
However, the original video is provided to me and is not an customizable option, all I provided to them is just the "swap to" pic, and only one is required.

I am very curious about how such swapping effect is achieved. For what we are using here, one pic and 1 minute is certainly not enough for such result.

So my questions are:

1. Is there some kind of new models out there like this?
  2. Does that have sth to do with the original video they provided? I am thinking of sth like they did something with that original video like tracking down the details of the face in every frame, then simply swap out all the details later when they receive a "swap to" face.
Last edited by torzdf on Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Some strange but great model I've seen

Post by torzdf »

This is most likely a morphing model, which have been around for a long time.

They work quickly, from a single image, but tend to have issues with quality, identity and non-forward facing angles. They are fine for the memes, but are not, generally, production quality.

Last edited by torzdf on Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My word is final