I spent hours manually addjusting vgg-obstructed masks, but it doesn't use it in training?

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

unkempt

I spent hours manually addjusting vgg-obstructed masks, but it doesn't use it in training?

Post by unkempt »

When I select VGG it complains saying there's other masks. I can get it to run by picking extended or custom-face, but neither show the masks I spent so much time setting. Am I screwed? What did I do wrong? If I train on this and then convert, will the conversion use the mask at least?

Does "learn mask" help with this? Will it eventually figure it out if I set that? Does it matter which mask type I pick if I click "learn mask"?

Last edited by unkempt on Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: I spent hours manually addjusting vgg-obstructed masks, but it doesn't use it in training?

Post by torzdf »

If some frames are missing masks (VGG in this case), but you had created them during extract time, then most likely, you did some landmark edits which invalidated any and all NN masks.

You can recreate the missing/new masks with the mask tool.

As an aside the bisenet-fp mask is superior.

My word is final

unkempt

Re: I spent hours manually addjusting vgg-obstructed masks, but it doesn't use it in training?

Post by unkempt »

I tried VGG because Bisnet wasn't working quite the way I wanted, but vgg wasn't really better - I should have just redone bisnet.

I forgot you can just do the missing ones! Will remember for next time.

Barnuble

Post by Barnuble »

Hi,

@unkempt : You should select "Mask processing -> all" to be sure that the masks will all be updated ! (especially after modifying masks)... don't forget to re-extract the faces if you need to train again!
@torzdf : Since today's update, Enable preview no longer displays images during conversions...

PS :Will it be possible (one day) to have a summary in the forum of the updates made in faceswap ? This would allow us to choose whether to apply the latter or not !

Have a good day ;)

Last edited by Barnuble on Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

Barnuble wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:45 pm

@torzdf : Since today's update, Enable preview no longer displays images during conversions...

Hmm. That shouldn't have happened. Have made a note to take a look.

Barnuble wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:45 pm

PS :Will it be possible (one day) to have a summary in the forum of the updates made in faceswap ? This would allow us to choose whether to apply the latter or not !

I'll never keep a change log, as it is too much work to maintain. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the commit history:
https://github.com/deepfakes/faceswap/commits/master

My word is final