Should I remove blurry faces from extracts?

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

hullo

Should I remove blurry faces from extracts?

Post by hullo »

Out of couple thousand extractions from a variety of videos, there are a few dozen or so images where the target subject's face is blurry (out of focus or zoomed in or motion blurred) but faceswap obviously identified the face and added it to the alignments file. Should I delete these and "clean" the alignments file? Or does having some blurry images actually help the model?

MaxHunter

Re: Should I remove blurry faces from extracts?

Post by MaxHunter »

My two cents is, I leave my blurry faces in but I limit them to very few, and I haven't had any overall problems.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

My view is, if blur is in the final video, then the model should see blurry faces

My word is final

d3x

Post by d3x »

I find that leaving blurry faces in helps with initial training, but I try to remove most of them for the final "no warp" training to bring out more detail (though I'm not sure if this actually helps much)

Last edited by d3x on Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.