Somewhat Newbie - Weird Blurring at 550K Iterations

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

jbklyn88

Somewhat Newbie - Weird Blurring at 550K Iterations

Post by jbklyn88 »

Hi all,

I'm currently sitting at around 550K iterations and seem to be getting the below weird effect on the "Original > Swap" where it looks like not only the face is blurred out, but so is the background. Any ideas? Or am I just being impatient?

Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-16 130249.png
Screenshot 2023-10-16 130249.png (45.31 KiB) Viewed 6657 times
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Somewhat Newbie - Weird Blurring at 550K Iterations

Post by torzdf »

The most likely reason for this is lack of corresponding data on the B side to match the A face, but it is difficult to say without seeing a more complete training preview image.

My word is final

jbklyn88

Post by jbklyn88 »

torzdf wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:08 am

The most likely reason for this is lack of corresponding data on the B side to match the A face, but it is difficult to say without seeing a more complete training preview image.

Thanks for the response. Slight update, I figured out the "blurry background" I'm getting on the swap is from using the Bisenet mask. So that's a relief. My only other question is now I'm at 780K iterations and the swapped faces are still not entirely clear.

I re-read through the training guide and made sure everything was set up as it suggested. I also realized the extracted faces from both source videos are at 512 px, is that too big and is that affecting the quality of using the "face" centering (which I have set at 87.5, like the guide says) or at this point, do I just need to do more than 1 million iterations?

Really appreciate the help!!!!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

jbklyn88 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:09 pm

. I also realized the extracted faces from both source videos are at 512 px, is that too big and is that affecting the quality of using the "face" centering

No. That is fine. (I would use 100% for face centering, but also depends on chosen model/res etc.)

See here re: blurry faces (I've trained the model for ages, the previews look good, so why is the swapped face blurry?):
https://forum.faceswap.dev/app.php/faqpage#f4r2

My word is final