Extract+Sort by face (full images, not just face)

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

foo321

Extract+Sort by face (full images, not just face)

Post by foo321 »

Is it possible to sort a folder of images into buckets while keeping the full images?
I know I need to use the extraction tool in order to sort... but
The extraction tool will crop images to just the face.
I want to be able to sort by face and maintain the full image. Is that possible?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Extract+Sort by face (full images, not just face)

Post by torzdf »

It is not, no. The sorting mechanism uses data that is stored in the PNG Header of the image, which is only generated by Faceswap's extract process.

My word is final

foo321

Post by foo321 »

Thanks. It'd be a nice feature to have the extract process have an option to generate (or convert the existing image) to a png with the data header but as the same full image. That way FaceSwap could be used as a general tool for sorting images by face.

jode

Post by jode »

foo321 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:58 pm

Thanks. It'd be a nice feature to have the extract process have an option to generate (or convert the existing image) to a png with the data header but as the same full image. That way FaceSwap could be used as a general tool for sorting images by face.

Extract your original images, sort them with faceswap and make script that copies original files with same filename without _0 to another bins.