Extraction question about object on the face & weird too-wide jaw line alignment

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

sonicdriller07

Extraction question about object on the face & weird too-wide jaw line alignment

Post by sonicdriller07 »

Hi, I'm extracting training set data from a movie, and I used Bisenet-Fp masker during extraction.

1. Do you include picture(s) of face that some part of faces are hidden by objects (like book, leaves, tree, or wall...) to training data?
    I usually exclude if face is covered by objects more than 50%, but not sure how others do.

2. During manual fixing stage, sometimes I see the weird alignment where the one side of jaw too wide than actual too wide, but eyes, nose, and mouse detection & alignment are fine.
    I checked other post of similar topic (viewtopic.php?t=1677), so the one of the answer mentioned it depends on mask; landmarks based mask it matters so I need to fix jaw line, but if it is not landmark based mask then it doesn't matter so ignore the jaw line.
    As I mentioned above, I used Bisenet-Fp masker during extraction. Is Bisenet-Fp masker landmarks based mask, so I need to fix them all? I've been manually fixing those weird jaw lines but it takes too much effort & time...

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Extraction question about object on the face & weird too-wide jaw line alignment

Post by torzdf »

sonicdriller07 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:10 pm

Do you include picture(s) of face that some part of faces are hidden by objects (like book, leaves, tree, or wall...) to training data?

If they are masked correctly, I do include them, yes.

sonicdriller07 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:10 pm

As I mentioned above, I used Bisenet-Fp masker during extraction. Is Bisenet-Fp masker landmarks based mask, so I need to fix them all? I've been manually fixing those weird jaw lines but it takes too much effort & time...

I call this 'fly-away jaw'. Don't worry about them. Jaw landmarks aren't used for anything if you are using Bisenet-FP

My word is final