Error generating mask due to invalid tensor format fp32

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

master_of_disaster

Error generating mask due to invalid tensor format fp32

Post by master_of_disaster »

I am on a M1 MacBook and trying to run the mask tool using the following command:

Code: Select all

python ~/faceswap/tools.py mask -i . -it frames -M bisenet-fp -p missing -b 3 -t 4 -ot combined -L INFO -B

And it throws a bunch of these errors for each file processed:

Code: Select all

loc("mps_resize"("(mpsFileLoc): /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/0032d1ee-80fd-11ee-8227-6aecfccc70fe/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/MetalPerformanceShadersGraph/mpsgraph/MetalPerformanceShadersGraph/Core/Files/MPSGraphUtilities.mm":180:0)): error: 'anec.resize' op Invalid configuration for the following reasons: Error: Invalid tensor format: "fp32"

It seems like the images are being properly masked, but maybe it's dropping the ones where this error is encountered? Is this safe to ignore?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Error generating mask due to invalid tensor format fp32

Post by torzdf »

This is a bug in Tensorflow-Metal (Apple's plugin layer) so is upstream from us. Ultimately "Invalid tensor format: "fp32" doesn't make a lot of sense. Nearly all tenors are fp32!

If you are getting full output, then do not worry about it too much. If not, then there may be bigger issues.

I seem to remember another Mac user hitting this issue... may have been in this forum, our Discord or may have been on our github, I can't remember. I do seem to remember that the issue was a combination of his OS version and the Tensorflow-Metal plugin version we use, as I think the issue occurred after an OS upgrade.

Unfortunately we are stuck on the Tensorflow-Metal version we are on for now until we find a solve for Windows users to use more recent versions of Tensorflow.

My word is final