Manual Tool and faces filters

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

jode

Manual Tool and faces filters

Post by jode »

How difficult would it be to add some face filter more to manual tool? I'd really like to have "only 1 face", "2 faces" and "over 2 faces". Filters existing doesn't help the way I like because "has faces" shows every frame with faces despite the amount of them and "multiple faces" shows everything over 1. And when using filters it would be great to see actual framenumber, not only amount and current number of filtered frames.

Second question is where I can change that when extracting or converting videos preview would be off by default?

Last edited by jode on Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Manual Tool and faces filters

Post by torzdf »

How difficult would it be to add some face filter more to manual tool? I'd really like to have "only 1 face", "2 faces" and "over 2 faces". Filters existing doesn't help the way I like because "has faces" shows every frame with faces despite the amount of them and "multiple faces" shows everything over 1. And when using filters it would be great to see actual framenumber, not only amount and current number of filtered frames.

It would be possible, but I'm unlikely to have time to look at this any time soon (Manual tool is a complicated bit of code)....

The easiest way to achieve what you are looking for (outside of the manual tool) would be:

• Use the alignments tool 'sort' job (This will re-index all of the faces in the alignments file from left to right, so you can output in a consistent order)
  • Use the alignments tool 'extract job (This will re-extract faces using the new indices)
  • Use the alignments tool 'multi-faces' job, which will sort your faces into folders based on how many faces there are in each frame
  • Move the faces you want to keep back into a single folde
  • Use the alignments tool 'remove-faces' job to remove the faces you don't want from the alignments file.

Second question is where I can change that when extracting or converting videos preview would be off by default?

IIRC ths can't be disabled by default. You have to uncheck the 'show preview' box under the preview window.

My word is final

jode

Post by jode »

torzdf wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:23 am

The easiest way to achieve what you are looking for (outside of the manual tool) would be:

Sadly that's what I've done this far and making thing's easier would be in manual tool, not outside of it. But maybe some day...

IIRC ths can't be disabled by default. You have to uncheck the 'show preview' box under the preview window.

I've trying to find this from source code with no luck. Is it something just to change some True value to False or more complicated?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

Honestly, I can't remember off the top of my head.... Again, a workaround, if you use Generate instead of Extract, you can copy the command, open up an Anaconda prompt do:

Start > Anaconda prompt

Code: Select all

conda activate faceswap

Then paste the command there and run. There is no extract/convert preview in the cli.

My word is final