difference between left & right eye

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

d3x

difference between left & right eye

Post by d3x »

Has anyone experienced this?

I got a dataset which, when trained long enough, always ends up with a difference in size and color between left & right eye on some of the converted faces
(right eye is slightly larger and sometimes a more blueish tint or sometimes a bit cloudy compared to the left eye which has the correct color/lightness/saturation)

I went through all the pictures and I can't really see where it's getting this data from...

Last edited by d3x on Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: difference between left & right eye

Post by torzdf »

I can honestly say I've never seen this issue. I've had models where eye-tracking has gone wonky, but not your specific example.

My word is final

d3x

Re: difference between left & right eye

Post by d3x »

for some reason it was just running far behind on training for 1 side of the face in certain angles, like 1 side was perfect and after a long long time it started matching the other side with the same proportions
probably due to a lack of B training data for those angles, and it took a long time to fill in the blanks is my guess

i just gotta be more patient :D

Last edited by d3x on Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.